This is a recipe given following my post Revenge is best served cold.
(13 servings )
2 green bell peppers
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cucumber (European size), peeled
1 small bun
2 garlic cloves
1/3 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1/2 tablespoons salt
Method of preparation:
- Bring tap water to a boil, and cook the tomatoes in it for 2 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the bread to large chunks and soak them, in one cup of water, in a big bowl.
- Strain the tomatoes and easily peal off the shell. Take the stem off and put the tomatoes in the bowl.
- Peel cucumber, onion and garlic cloves, empty seeds from bell peppers (use running water if needed), and cut them all in large chunks. Put everything in the bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar and salt. Mash with a hand-held blender.
- Correct seasoning if needed.
- Leave in the fridge for a few hours and serve cold.